Nigerian Army never rescued any abducted oil workers
The Nigerian Army says it never rescued any abducted oil workers following the ambush and abduction of some oil workers in Borno State by Boko Haram terrorists.
This contradicts an earlier statement four days ago of army rescue of the oil workers in the Chad basin. This new statement also comes four days after the ambush and a day after Boko Haram released a video of three of the abducted member of the oil exploration team.
In its latest reaction, however, the Director, Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Sani Usman, said the initial statement was regrettable. He made this disclosure in a fresh statement on Sunday, which revealed that 21 more bodies of those ambushed had been recovered. He described the ambush “as unfortunate and highly regrettable”.
“Most regrettable also is my earlier release on the said incident about the rescue of all NNPC Staff. The error in the statement was not deliberate,” Usman said.
“The Army in this present dispensation is reputed for timely dissemination of information on activities of our troops in all theatre of operations”.
“We have strived to keep the public informed on our activities with no intention of distorting any fact.
“Our troops have doubled efforts in the pursuit of the Boko Haram terrorists while search and rescue are still ongoing to secure the safe return of the remaining civilians,” Usman said.
- For reaction to this article, call: 07069513320 or WhatsApp: +353877911985 (Ireland) Or leave a comment below.
- Send your Press Release: email@example.com; Send a tip: firstname.lastname@example.org. Advertise your product & services: email@example.com.